New classes to start in September 2022!
See Admission Process below for instructions.
The Practical Nursing Program prepares you for a rewarding health career in a growing labor market. We are committed to providing excellent, competitively priced education with clinical and classroom instruction in preparation for the NCLEX-PN Examination (State Licensing Exam). Eligible Veterans may qualify for GI benefits.
Adult Practical Nursing Program Process
- Complete and return the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) application. (Fee Required).
- Applicants must be a high school graduate, or hold a GED. A transcript is required.
- Once a candidate has successfully completed the TEAS the candidate will complete the PN application.
- The Admissions Committee will review the applications, qualifications, exam evaluations, and transcripts.
- Applicants will be notified of the Admission Committees decision by mail.
- Admission testing begins in April of 2022. This first round of Admissions will allow students who test during the specified time period in April to apply.
Adult Practical Nursing Program Requirements
- Pass each grading area with a minimum of 75%
- Pass all clinical components
- Complete a minimum of 1,080 hours of instruction
- Current BLS CPR Certification1
- Current Physical - Updated Immunizations
- Background Check (No adverse findings)
Health Occupations Faculty-Full-Time (Instructors).
- Cheryl Chianese BS, RN-SUNY Empire State College
- Susan DeMan, MSN, RN-Mercy College
- Tracy Larson, BA, ADN, RN-Westchester Community College
- Sandra Delalue-Mesidor, AAS, RN- SUNY Ulster
- Christine Mac Neil, MS Ed, AAS, RN-Columbia-Green Community College
- Rosanne Marrone, MS, RN- Regis University
- Christine Wendover, AAS, RN-Dutchess Community College
Classes begin in September
8:10 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.(Subject to change)
- 1st year 12:10 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.(Subject to change)
- 2nd year: 8:10 a.m. -11:10 a.m.(Subject to change)
Call Early - Seating is Limited - 845.486.8045
- Adult Practical Nursing - Admission Process (Click here)
- Adult Practical Nursing Online Student Library
Cares Act Student Emergency Aid Grant
- Frequently Asked Questions & Required Reporting
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting
- 2nd Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report
- HEGIS Code 5209.20 SOC Code 29-2061 CIP Code 51.3901
For More Information:
Coordinator of Health Occupations
Adult Practical Nursing
5 BOCES Road
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
v: 845-486-8001, ext. 4553