Dutchess BOCES Community Fan Page - Guidelines For Use
The Dutchess BOCES Facebook Fan Page is provided for the BOCES community and managed by the Communications and Grants Research Division. The designated page administrators will update this page as often as possible to share as much as we can about Dutchess BOCES and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant BOCES information.
All posting of comments on this page are at the discretion of the designated page administrators. These individuals will review all postings to make sure they do not run afoul of the rules and are in compliance with our Acceptable Use Guidelines regarding Internet access and practices.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will delete postings that:
1. Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are talking about somebody else’s work, reference this or the person, and where possible include a link.
2. Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that are racist, homophobic and sexist, as well as those that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
3. Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive, or generally negative terms.
4. Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy – i.e. don’t pick fights or goad others into inflammatory debates. Nobody likes a bully!
5. Are spam – i.e. repeatedly posting the same comment or comments that are simply
advertising/promoting a service or product. If you wouldn’t want to receive it yourself, please don’t post it.
6. Are off topic – We will exclude comments not related to the subject of the conversation. If you have a question to ask on a different topic, please contact us via e-mail. It is always best to start with the person most involved with your topic (classroom teacher, building principal, etc.).
The designated page administrators reserve the right to remove any comments at any time. . . but we hope that won’t ever be necessary.
Dutchess BOCES reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion. The most current guidelines will be available to you online.
All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone and do not constitute an official position of Dutchess BOCES unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the BOCES) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of the BOCES.